Faculty ResourcesAcademic Advising
Advising and Registration Resources for Spring 2020
Fall 2020 Registration
- Seniors: Monday, April 6
- Juniors: Tuesday, April 7
- Sophomores: Wednesday, April 8
- First-Years: Thursday, April 9
Students should check their portal for their specific registration time.
Summer 2020 registration opens for all students on Monday, April 6.
(Update the term to SU20 in the portal to view summer course offering)
Setting up online appointments
Watch this Google Meet video to learn how to invite others to join your meeting and how to add the meeting link to a calendar invitation. This is a great option if you already have an appointment set or know the appointment date and time and want to get it set yo virtually.
Google Calendar Appointment Slots & Sharing Your Calendar Link
Watch this Google Calendar instructional video to create appointment slots on your google calendar and how to share a link to your calendar with students to allow them to sign up for a time that works in their schedule.
Note: students will only see your available appointments when they click your calendar link. They will not see any other details/appointments on your calendar. Don’t forget to make your appointments zoom appointments as you create them.
How do I email all of my advisees at once?
- From the portal homepage, click on the “Academic” heading then select “Email Students.”
- Your advisees will be selected by default.
- Note the dropdown menu halfway down the page. This allows you to change from your advisees to a class email roster as well if needed.
Advisees not returning/not planning to register, or advisees not responding to you
If advisees communicate they do no plan to return this fall OR if you cannot get a response from your advisee, please submit an early alert and we will follow-up with the student.
Classification of Students:
0-23 earned credits: First Year
24-55 earned credits: Sophomore
56-86 earned credits: Junior
87+ earned credits: Senior
Advising Update Session
View the Tegrity recording or access it via Blackboard, under ‘Talks and Presentations – Faculty & Staff’ and then by clicking on the ‘Tegrity Classes’ link on the left-hand side. Look for the session titled “Faculty Advising Workshop 2 for SP2020”.
Use the key below to determine who your advisee should contact based on the course they hope to take:
- Major or Minor course – Department Chair of the major or minor
- IGEP course – Coordinator of IGEP minor or Associate Dean for General Education
- Self, Society, and the Sacred: Dr. Erich Lippman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Sustainability: Dr. Ben Pauli email@example.com
- Global Diversity and Social Justice: Dr. Erin Mae Clark firstname.lastname@example.org
- Creativity and Inquiry: Dr. Patrick O’Shea email@example.com
- All other IGEP questions: Dr. Carolyn Ayers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legacy General Education Program course – Dean of the College
- Dr. Mark Barber email@example.com
More Transfer Credit information, including credit breakdown for IGEP requirements for transfer students
We are excited to announce that many of our forms are now fillable!! This should help make advising online much smoother!
Academic Advising Notes (advisor’s version)
- Important dates and reminders
- How should students withdraw from a course online
- How to access the Declaration Forms online
- How to address questions regarding transfer credits
- Updates, Course Changes, & New Courses (within IGEP & Departments)
- Online course offerings for fall and summer
Tools for all students:
- Class scheduling grid – NEW FILLABLE VERSION
- Long Term Course Planning Worksheet – NEW FILLABLE VERSION
- Undergraduate Majors and Minors (2019-2020 Catalog Link)
- Major Pathways
- Academic Advising Notes (student version)
Tools for students enrolled spring 2018 and prior (Legacy Program):
- General education listing – Spring 2018 and prior- FILLABLE
- Advising Notes – Legacy Program Specific
Tools for students enrolled beginning fall 2018 and on (IGEP):
- IGEP Course Listing – Updated for Fall 2020
- IGEP Progress Tracking Form – NEW FILLABLE VERSION
- IGEP Lasallian Honors Progress Tracking Form – NEW FILLABLE VERSION
- Cultural Engagement Requirements – listing of qualifying experiences
Admission into a full course
Understanding English, Math, and Spanish Placement
Submitting Early Alerts
Faculty and staff who report students through the early alert system play an important role in the university’s retention efforts. Alerting the Student Success Center to a situation provides an opportunity for additional outreach to students who could be struggling with any number of issues that are affecting their class attendance and academic performance.
To submit an “Early Alert” report, log-in to the faculty portal and click “Student Early Alert” in the left hand column. Directions and the early alert form will appear. Please fill-out the form completely. The student will be contacted by a member of the early alert team, which meets weekly.
If you submit a concern about a student in your class, messages to the student from an early alert team member will instruct the student to speak to you, the instructor, about the situation. We believe that you are the first and most important point of contact for the student.
If you have questions or would like to speak with someone in person, please contact Joe Dulak.
Joe Dulak, Director of Learning Assistance, Tutor Coordinator, Early Alert Case Manager
Office: 70L Griffin Hall
Phone Ext.: 1414